Thursday, February 24, 2011

Abstract Paper Pierced Art Card


I love fabrics and textiles, with all the beautiful trimmings and embellishments that go with them.
I also love working with different types of paper and card stock.
This is a card I made recently. It is almost meditative to look at with a wonderful textured feel to it.
I sketched my design first, then transferred it onto this gorgeous art card.
A special pinpricking tool was used to create the hundreds of little holes that outline the drawn image.
The card takes on a new life when placed near a widow.
During the day filtered light passes each individual hole, highlighting the image and, leaving little pinprick shadows scattered about.
At sunset when the light is at a different angle and color, you get a whole new effect.

No comments: